Position - Sustainability Officer
Grandis Timber Co Ltd is a commercial reforestation company funded from Denmark, focused on establishment of timber plantations on previously deforested lands on Economic Land Concession (ELC) located in Kampong Spue province. We are the first FSCTM certified in Cambodia since 2013 due to our highly responsibilities for social and environmental safeguard as well as maintaining community relations. We have been working in Cambodia since 2009 for a merchantable tree plantation establishment. We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill in a position as below:
Sustainability Officer (STO) - Base at site in Kampong Speu
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage Grandis Timbers CSR strategy
- Develop plans and implement priority actions from the CSR risk register, in doing this look for partnership and funding opportunities.
- Maintain CSR risk register, infirmary, day care centre
- Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders (including NGO's)
- Develop, design and deliver training for stakeholders to ensure understanding of policies and procedures that continuously improve responsible business practices and environmental performance
- Public relation, ccollaborate with external stakeholders including public affairs offices, consumer organizations, and professional societies
- Maintain company’s integrity policies and practice
- Manage interface with FSC and where needed other NGO organisations
- Assume lead role and coordination of FSC audit
- Develop, maintain and implement required documentation to satisfy requirements under FSC
- Mentor existing staff in FSC system requirements
- Maintain and foster Grandis Timber’s good image and standing in the community by participating in
community events and functions, making presentations and generally being available to represent the
- Liaison with landowners and neighbours as appropriate to foster good relationships and understanding of FSC
- Report monthly to Operational Manager on CSR and FSC activities
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, forestry, natural resource management or related required.
- Experience with Forest Stewardship Certification (FSC), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), community relations and health and safety.
- 5 years experiences in forestry, environmental science, or sustainability management or other related natural resource fields required.
- Computer skills, word, excel and power point.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships and maintain these with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- Requires little supervision.
Interested candidates should submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter with at least two references with expected salary via email@example.com no later than 08th May 2020. For more information, please visit: http://www.grandistimber.com. Short-listed applicant will be contacted for interview.