Grandis Timber Ltd is a commercial reforestation company funded from Denmark, focused on establishment of timber plantations on previously deforested lands on Economic Land Concession (ELC) located in Kampong Speu province. We are the first FSCTM certified in Cambodia since 2013 due to our highly responsibilities for social and environmental safeguard as well as maintaining community relations. We have been working in Cambodia since 2009 for a merchantable tree plantation establishment. We are currently looking for are qualified candidate to fill in are position as below:
Nursery Manager 1post - (Base at site in Kampong Speu)
- Overseeing and improving the daily functions of the nursery
- Ordering nursery stock including soil, stones, fertilizers, shrubs, plants, and trees.
- Growing plants, trees, and shrubs to use as stock by form of cutting propagation, grafting, seed germination and other methods.
- Hiring and training nursery staff.
- Creating staff work rosters and delegating duties.
- Monitoring watering times, soil conditions, and plant positions.
- Monitoring weather conditions and paying special attention to hot or cold temperatures, pest, diseases etc.
- Maintain a healthy nursery ecosystem and ensure the success of the survival rate of the plants
- Responding to customer requests and assisting the nursery staff.
- Monitoring and ensuring all the actual practices at the nursery operation adhere/ follow the standard operating procedure.
- Monthly report on nursery operations include stock of the plants to Management forester
- Other works assigned by manager
Job requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Studies, Horticulture, or a similar field.
- 3+ Years’ experience working as a Nursery Manager or Nursery Supervisor
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
- Responsible and punctual.
- Good at communication in English language
- Ability to work with Microsoft word, excel and power point etc.
- Detailed Knowledge of Pest control “insect and fungus” in the plantation and nursery
- Detailed Knowledge of Chemical usage and PPE
- Compassion in research works to improve the nursery operation
Nurse and Admin Assistant 1 post (Base at site in Kampong Speu)
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Arrangement of the companies infirmary
- Ensures medical supplies at the infirmary are in date and stocked at adequate levels
- Administers first aid as required
- Ensure Companies first aid kits are stocked and maintained
- Coordinates treatment of serious injuries with regional hospital
- Undertakes staff training as required
- Prepare Filing documents
- Register new labour in Finger Print Machine System (Upload and Download) for payroll
- Update staff roster
- Equipment Distribution Tracking (In and Out)
- Assist site Manager surrounding admin work and other work as required
- Medical degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years with first aid treatment
- Certificate in training on health and safety at workplace
- Be able to speak some in English language but is not essential
- Must be Flexible in working hour
- Able use computer Microsoft office, internet outlook email
Interested candidates should submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter with at least two references with expected salary via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16th October 2020. For more information, please visit: http://www.grandistimber.com. Short-listed applicant will be contacted for interview.